innotop version 1.4.3 releasedSun, Jul 15, 2007 in Databases Open Source
Version 1.4.3 of the innotop MySQL and InnoDB monitor is out. This release fixes some minor bugs and feature annoyances, and at last innotop has thorough documentation, available online!
Here’s what’s new:
- Added standard –version command-line option
- Changed colors to cyan instead of blue; more visible on dark terminals.
- Added information to the filter-choosing dialog.
- Added column auto-completion when entering a filter expression.
- Changed Term::ReadKey from optional to mandatory.
- Clarified username in password prompting.
- Ten thousand words of documentation! Documentation is embedded in innotop, installed as a man page, and available online.
- innotop crashed in W mode when InnoDB status data was truncated.
- innotop didn’t display errors in tables if debug was enabled.
- The colored() subroutine wasn’t being created in non-interactive mode.
- Don’t prompt to save password except the first time.
I don’t know how much time I’ll get to put into this in the coming months, but there’s already a lot of half-finished functionality in the Subversion repository, including the ability to write innotop plugins. If you’re interested, the code is in the trunk and in various branches.
Hopefully I’ll get time to work on some of that before the year is out.