High Performance MySQL, Third EditionWed, Sep 14, 2011 in Databases Writing
I have just signed the contract for High Performance MySQL, Third Edition. The third edition will include major updates and new content in these areas:
- Recent performance and reliability advances, particularly in MySQL 5.5 and the InnoDB storage engine.
- A new chapter on using MySQL in cloud computing environments.
- Updates on modern hardware, including many CPUs, large memory, and solid-state storage.
- Improvements in clustering and high availability, including middleware and third-party solutions.
- Improvements in replication.
- New material on profiling MySQL, benchmarking, and tools and techniques to help you measure, monitor, and manage your MySQL installations.
The book will be available for purchase early next year. It’s been a great three years since the second edition was published, and although it’s selling strongly and is still referred to as “the” book for MySQL performance, it’s outdated and needs to be revised. And frankly I’ve learned a lot since 2008. The third edition will again be our best effort to give away everything we know, and help you help yourself as much as you can.
I'm Baron Schwartz, the founder and CEO of VividCortex. I am the author of High Performance MySQL and many open-source tools for performance analysis, monitoring, and system administration. I contribute to various database communities such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis and MongoDB.