- Tutorial: Innodb and XtraDB Architecture and Performance Optimization. Peter’s talks are always great, and this is a perennial favorite. If you have never been, you should go to this one. You will realize how little you really know about InnoDB/XtraDB, and how much it matters.
- Tutorial: Linux and H/W optimizations for MySQL. Last year I tweeted that Yoshinori’s tutorial was the 3rd edition of High Performance MySQL, and I really wasn’t exaggerating that much.
- BoF session: Percona XtraDB Cluster. I believe that this is one of the few truly groundbreaking changes to MySQL — right up there with “MySQL has transactions now” and “MySQL adds replication.”
- MySQL Plugins – why should I bother? Sergei is the co-author of a book on plugins. Their power is not to be underestimated.
- Getting InnoDB Compression Ready for Facebook Scale. Compression is very powerful — if we can just get the implementation to work better. Facebook, apparently, has done that.
- The 5 minute DBA: MySQL DBA 101 for Non DBA’s. Get started fast with Matt Yonkovit’s friendly, engaging and relevant talk. Spoiler: it’s longer than five minutes.
- MySQL Optimizer Standoff MySQL 5.6 and MariaDB 5.3. Peter at it again, this time digging into the advances in newer releases of the server, which make a huge difference on some common and important workloads.
- Scaling MySQL Databases for the Web. This is the “Vitess” talk, a technology I’m extremely keen to hear about. It’s now powering YouTube’s backend.
- BoF session: Tungsten User Fest. Tungsten has matured into a very interesting technology in the last couple of years.
- Oracle to MySQL migration. Marco Tusa has actually implemented some of the most impressive migrations in MySQL’s history.
- Spil Games: Outgrowing an internet startup. This should be a great talk about running MySQL in a busy startup in the real world.
- Here I’m torn between MySQL and SSD: usage and tuning and Common Schema: a framework for MySQL server administration. (I’m always torn between at least 2 or 3 talks, but in this case especially so for some reason.)
- Verifying MySQL Replication Safely With pt-table-checksum 2.0. If you aren’t verifying that your replicas have the same data as their masters, you need to, and this is the tool to do it.