Hi! I probably don’t know you, but I’d like to make this blog better for you. If you’re disabled—for example, perhaps you use a screen reader, a special device, or have other needs that I might not anticipate, I’d really love your feedback on what I can do to make my content easier for you to read and enjoy.
A couple of things I’ve been thinking about recently:
- If you use a screen reader, does the navigation or other stuff get in the way?
- If you use some device to do something like, I dunno, convert my RSS feed to podcasts and listen in the subway, how well does that work?
- What should I do if I want to include a complicated equation? Use an image, use something like MathJax, mark it as skippable for screen readers?
- If I include images, does it matter what I name them? How good of an experience is the image I included above?
- What can I do to make links easier to use? Should I have meta tags like “next” and “previous” and so on? Should I always add link titles or something?
I’m going to link to a couple of recent articles and ask you what I could have done better to make them easier for people-who-are-not-like-me. Here: article 1, article 2.