Slides Video Website Venue
Applying DevOps principles and practices to the database can make software development processes faster, better and cheaper. Yet most companies do not include their databases in their DevOps initiatives because they face a variety of challenges to make it work.
Why is it hard to apply DevOps to databases? How can we get better at it? This talk addresses those questions (and more) by exploring the real-life stories of teams that successfully changed their entrenched culture, workflows, and tooling—and others who tried.
- What research shows about DevOps, databases, and company performance
- Current and emerging trends in how we build/manage data tiers, and implications
- Elevation of the traditional dedicated DBA role and what’s happening as a result
- Driving cultural change towards distributed database competency and responsibility
- Why some teams succeed in this transformation, while others fail
Now you can apply DevOps principles to your database. Your work will be better for it and your business will benefit. This talk will show you how.