Slides Video Website Venue
We’ve all stared in frustration at a system that degraded into nonresponsiveness, to the point that you couldn’t even kill-dash-nine whatever was responsible for the problem. A key fact we all recognize, but may not recognize as significant, is that this isn’t a sharp boundary. There’s a gradient of deteriorating performance where the system becomes less predictable and stable.
In this talk I’ll explain
- what the unacceptable workload boundary is
- how to recognize and predict the signs
- how to measure and model this simply
- what causes nonlinear performance degradation
- how to use this to architect more scalable systems